Self Directed IRA Account
Start investing today.
Miles Franklin’s partnership with New Direction IRA makes it easy to:
- Move funds from existing retirement accounts
- Make contributions/deposits or rollovers online
- Set up insured storage at a precious metals depository
- Buy or Sell Precious Metals within your self-directed IRA
- Access your online account 24/7
Setting up a self-directed IRA is easy. Click here to start the process. Or, if you prefer to handle things the old-fashioned way, just call your Miles Franklin Ltd. broker at 800-822-8080 and we’ll be happy to help.
1. Complete and submit the IRA custodian supplied paperwork for the creation of your self-directed IRA.
2. Fund the account by completing the proper forms to transfer funds from your existing IRA or Qualified Retirement Plan.
3. Direct your Miles Franklin broker to purchase precious metals for your IRA account.
4. Direct funds to be transferred to Miles Franklin from your New Direction IRA account.
5. Once funds are received from your self-directed IRA, the metals are delivered to your designated depository and the IRA investment is complete.*
*Annual storage fees do apply. Consult with the IRA custodian for fee schedules.
- Your legal name, date of birth, social security number, and physical address
- Your phone number and email address
- Your chosen beneficiary’s information, including name, date of birth, address, and social security number (you may elect to designate your beneficiary at a later time by selecting the appropriate box)
- Determine the type of tax-deferred account to open (Traditional, Roth, SEP, 401(k), etc.)
- Determine the dollar amount to be transferred, rolled over, or contributed
- A copy of your current IRA or retirement plan statement if you are transferring into the IRA
- The information for your current IRA custodian or plan administrator including their physical address, phone number/fax number, and your account number
- Your credit card number with card security code and expiration date or a blank check (if you are choosing to pay your account establishment fees by credit card or electronic check online)